The Benefits of Membership
Who Can Join
The Washington Music Teachers Association invites all music teachers and interested music lovers to join.
How to Join
To become a member of WMTA, membership in the National Music Teachers Association (MTNA) is required. To join MTNA, please go to www.mtna.org and list WMTA as your state association. MTNA members automatically become WMTA members upon payment of WMTA dues. Our current dues are $35. If you would like further information about our organization, please contact our Membership Chair or President.
Benefits of Joining
WMTA offers a wide range of activities for participation and growth aimed at teachers and students. Benefits of WMTA membership include:
- Performance opportunities for students of all ages, from young children to adults.
- Participation of students in WMTA competitions, judged recitals and non-competitive events such as musicales, recitals and festivals.
- Being part of an active, growing organization designed to support and promote excellence among both students and teachers.
- Receiving online copies of the WMTA newsletter.
- Listing in the WMTA online Directory. This Directory lists all members by teaching category and location. It also offers members an opportunity to advertise for a modest fee as well as the additional benefit of more exposure to the general public.